How to set your Internet Explorer always open up in InPrivate mode
Today I am going to share a quick tip for Internet explorer. It is actually a simple registry hack which will allow you to open the Internet explorer browser in InPrivate mode (You can access this mode in Internet explorer by pressing the CTRL+ALT+F keys For IE 9 the shortcut key is CTRL+ALT+P). I guess I don’t need to explain you what is InPrivate mode as it contain the meaning of this feature. Yes, it offers privacy enabled browsing on internet explorer. Whatever browsing you do in InPrivate mode will not log any data such as Cookies, Temporary Internet Files and history etc. Well if you are a regular reader of Hackstacks you must have read an article which tells how to set the Incognito mode in Google Chrome browser. InPrivate mode is similar mode in Google Chrome’s Incognito mode introduced in IE. It was first introduced in Internet explorer 8.
Here is how you can do it.
1. Open registry (Click on start Run type in regedit and press enter)
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Safety\PrivacIE
3. Now on the right side add the DWORD value as “StartMode” If the DWORD is already there leave it as it is.
4. Now set the DWORD value to 1
5. That’s it so next time when you launch the IE you will see it is loaded In InPrivate mode.
Hope it was helpful!